Monday, January 31, 2011

Blueberry Cream Cheese Tartlettes

 "I always end up with plenty of dough left over when I make pie crust.  When the kids were little I would lay them out on a cookie sheet and add cinnamon and sugar and bake them.  I called then Crusties and the kids loved them.  This time I thought I would get creative.  I made this to go with the Santa Fe Pot Pie to finish off the meal and my hubby loved them."
-Recipe by Miss Ivy Breen

My mini muffin pan makes square muffins - yours is probably round.

I lined the pan with the crust and in each one I placed 3-4 fresh blueberries.

Then I went to the hall closet to get my mixer.  Why do I keep my mixer in the hall closet?  Well that's another story.

Using the small mixing bowl, mix the following until smooth:

1 package cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 egg
Sweeten to taste
Cinnamon

Pour this mixture into the muffin tins, sprinkle with cinnamon.
 
Bake at 350 degrees until done - about 20 minutes. It's done when a knife inserted comes out clean.

To serve I added a dollop of whip cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment