Friday, May 6, 2011

Brooke's Baked Oatmeal

 I recently asked Tanya over at Make The Best Of What's Around to submit a recipe for us.  
I just loved the beautiful photography that makes my mouth water.  Check out her creative craft and life blog by clicking the link above.


"My future Sister-in-Law made this Baked Oatmeal for Easter Sunday brunch.....Oh my goodness, this stuff is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! And, good for you! I just had to get the recipe from her and share it with you." 
Recipe Submitted By Guest Blogger Miss Tanya Johnson

In a large mixing bowl, add 2 Cups of Quick Oats
 
1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
 
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
 
1/3 Cup Shelled and Chopped Nuts( I used Walnuts)
 
1/3 Cup Blueberries or Raspberries frozen or fresh
 
1 Small Apple Cubed
 
1/3 Cup Raisins or Craisins

2/3 Cup Toasted Coconut
(only mix in half of the coconut to dry ingredients and save the rest to top before baking)
 
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar

Stir all ingredients till combined well.
 
In a separate bowl, combine...
 
1 & 1/2 Cups Milk
 
1/3 Cup Applesauce

2 Tablespoons of Melted Butter
 
1 teaspoon of Vanilla

One Egg
 
Pour Wet Ingredients Over Dry Ingredients

Put all of the mixture into a 9x13 greased baking dish

Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 Cup Toasted Coconut over the mixture & bake at 375 degrees for approximately 30 min. It will be golden, bubbly and oh, so YUMMY!

This would be a perfect dish for Mom's Day brunch or breakfast!
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for featuring my recipe =)I apologize, I should've given a tutorial on toasting coconut. Thank you for commenting on my photography as well....my trick, close up, in focus and natural bright light =) Thanks again!!!! Hope you'll give a try, it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete