Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Enchiladas

 Recipe By Miss Dusty Miller
I just made this recipe for my family tonight and my husband said, "You put the corn in it like Dusty does right?"  Apparently that is what makes it so good!

1lb. hamburger
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can of refried beans
1 can of chopped or sliced olives
1-2 large cans of enchilada sauce
1lb. shredded cheese
1 package of medium tortillas

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 8 x 11 pan (or larger)
Brown hamburger and drain.  Mix in refried beans, corn, and olives.  Pour in a little sauce to taste.  

Pour enchilada sauce into a large dish (I used a deep pan).  Dip in tortillas (one at a time) and wet each side.

Move tortilla to a separate plate (very messy)!  Fill tortilla down the middle with the beef filling.

Sprinkle a little cheese on top (or a lot)!
Roll it up and place into the greased pan.  Repeat until your pan is full. When finished pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top and cover with cheese. (THE MORE THE BETTER!!!)

I was able to fill up another small pan with the remaining ingredients.  These freeze well.  Before baking I put this small pan in the freezer for another meal next week.  *BONUS*

Bake uncovered for approximately 30 minutes until bubbly.
Serve with sour cream. Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Tried this one last night! We all loved it! Even my 3 year old who told me the whole time I was cooking "I don't want that brown stuff on my tortilla!" Thanks for sharing these recipes Rainy! I promise I wil contribute soon :)

    ReplyDelete